Friday 25 October 2013

Uffington lark


uffington lark a4, originally uploaded by Dru Marland.

...whoops, accidentally posted this here from Flickr! -oh well, since it's here... Last picture for the anthology. All done now, and time to finish the editing and formatting. Thank goodness for Adobe InDesign, says I.

I like the effect in this picture; it's an ink drawing scanned and processed in Paint Shop Pro, except for the skylark which is a watercolour. I remember seeing the church tower in Uffington village, just like this, when I stopped on my way there a few weeks ago, as I was returning to Bristol from Oxfordshire. Though it was sunset on an autumn day, then. I got up onto the hilltop above the horse as the twilight deepened, and was alone with the soughing of the wind in the dried grass, and the call of the kestrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment