Wednesday 20 August 2008

One careful owner, or close the toiletgate door

The war is over, and we won. Well, someone did.


Enough with this story, already. But before moving on, here's a link to Commander Steve Allan's letter about the Trafalgar Square incident.

It seems to cover all the bases; the right noises are made; there's nothing much more to be said. I just picked up on

We have taken ownership of the issues at a very senior level...

...because I have watched this turn of phrase come out of nowhere in a very short space of time. Well, out of nowhere for me, anyway. It takes a little while for new buzzwords to alight in the rarely-frequented corner of the forest where I live.

Has it been around for ages? -it seems to be a useful way of admitting responsibility for something while making it seem like you've been in the right all along. I quite liked it when I first heard it; it sounded buzzy and refreshing. I woke up. I smelled the coffee.

Anyway, having read this letter, I get the feeling that "taking ownership" is dead in the water. It is an ex-parrot. It is no longer robust.

No comments:

Post a Comment