Friday 30 March 2018

a new pictorial map of the West of England


...just back from the printers and ready for sale! It comes in A3 and A4 sizes and I've got it in my Etsy shop (link on the right hand bar of the blog here, or click here).

This was a commission for Harvest wholefoods in Bath, and was great fun to do but took aaages. And then I had to find a way to scan it; the painting is about A2 size, which is as big as I can reasonably manage in the limited space on my cramped and crowded boat. After a couple of failed attempts to get it done elsewhere, I bit the bullet and used my A4 flatbed scanner, and then stitched the 10 scans together. Which took even more aaages. 

The dernier cri in desktop publishing, hem hem.
Observe the pile of books squashing the drawing flat in the scanner


You may need to click on the picture to get a clearer view of it. There are several boaty types in there; and my Morris Traveller, doubling as a Glastonbury chicken shack. And a Vincent motorbike rorting past Silbury Hill. Slightly wishful thinking; last time I rode along that road on a motorbike, it was on my old MZ 250 with my flatmate Corrine on the back, and we were going back to Bristol after the Poll Tax riot. (We'd missed the riot, as it happens; we were at the very back of the march and it was going so slowly that we sloped off to the Tate. Bloody arty types eh?)


No comments:

Post a Comment