Friday 29 February 2008

eternal vigilance

I've been hunting jackdaws around the Downs with my camera, because I need to do some jackdaw drawings.

Ended up buying a zoom lens too. It's very good, and will be useful for taking pictures of things that are either small, or far away, or small and far away.


This is, of course, not a jackdaw, but hey.

I've got some usable pictures, but am still hunting for the perfect jackdaw.

So I was out there again this afternoon in the mounting gale and rain. But not for long as I'm soft. So I went to Spike Island to see what the current exhibition was like.

I didn't take pictures of the exhibits because

  • I wasn't allowed to
  • Actually, I didn't really want to. They just. Didn't. Float. My. Boat.

On the other hand, I liked the chairs used by the invigilators. They told stories. And the nice people in the gallery were quite happy to let me take pictures of them. Thank you. I like Spike Island, even if I just don't get the art bit.



4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll be buying his book "The Malice Box". Sounds far too dangerous.

    I'll go around Herefordshire in a library van instead! ;-)

    Yep, this Saturday, attempting to help people capture the wonderful countryside they live in, with haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *envy*

    I shall disguise myself as a Hereford cow and be a mystery mobile library user. You have been warned. And don't forget the choccy biccies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish you could be there, I'll have choccy biccies secreted about the library van! ;-)

    We must do a ginko (haiku writing walk) sometime, with maybe some artwork coming out of it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definitely.

    Blimey, another stormy night. I hope your library van isn't grounded by high winds... could turn out to be a Conrad-esque experience...

    ReplyDelete