Saturday 22 October 2022

tea towels on a rainy day



Jo Batchelor at Devizes Books called. "The tea towels have arrived!" So I got over there, and she was quite right. I'd ordered them quite some time ago, but there's been all sorts of difficulties this year for everyone, and they'd been running a bit late. Still, worth waiting for. This is the picture of Devizes that I did back in May, with the specific intention of having it printed like this.

Anyway, they're in stock at the bookshop, and in my Etsy shop too. Are tea towels a particularly british thing? -as in, getting them for the nice pictures on them? I can't say I ever noticed their local equivalents in my foreign travels, though everyone must need to dry their crockery with something.

It was raining torrentially, on and off, all day, and my setting off back to the boat with the box of tea towels coincided with a particularly heavy one. Good job I had a brolly. I got soaked all down my back and legs, but the cargo survived unscathed.

Here's Eve, my boat, moored up in the rain. And the rather fine sunset I watched the evening before, over at Otter Poo Point. I played my flute but no otters appeared, though a kingfisher darted away in disgust.


1 comment:

  1. They have come up well!
    And how lovely to see the interior of Devizes books...been a long time for me. I remember when it was Oliver's Music Shop, with instruments up that beautiful stairwell. My Dad bought us a tiny record player there, and our first single each - 6s 8d, three for a pound!

    ReplyDelete