Friday 3 October 2008

this fine end

I put out a call on the Morris Owners' Club website, and someone in Dorset offered me a cylinder head. So I borrowed a Great Big Car from my friend John, and drove down and got it. The Great Big Car was rather scary after so long driving the Trav; it actually went faster when I pressed the accelerator. Even uphill.

It was a lovely drive down to Shaftesbury and up Zig Zag Hill through places like Sixpenny Handley, and I was in such a hurry that I didn't stop to take any photos and I'm now kicking myself because of that.

And now I am overhauling the replacement head and hope to be mobile again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I expect its good to meet other Morris owners who understand the appeal of a Morris. "Even uphill" I remember that sensation.

    I love place names. "Crazannes" is a recent favourite - a magicians command.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a Neil Innes song, "'I like Cezanne', says Anne..."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_j8EysOxA

    ...Dorset is specially rich in good names. I like Toller Porcorum and Huish Episcopi too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I go to bathe in place names:

    http://www.locom.org/loc_menu.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to ask your passengers to get out when going up particularly steep hills and to meet you at the top? (My mother used to do that...)

    ReplyDelete